A Couple of Tarts

We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink, for dining alone is leading the life of a lion or wolf. ~ Epicurus

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sucker for Valentine's Day


You know what? I love Valentine's Day. I know it's commercial, but I love the little Valentine cards with Scooby Doo and kittens from the drugstore. I love Hershey's Kisses in red foil. I love conversation hearts that say Be Mine and Kiss Me. How can you have a problem with a holiday that practically begs you to eat chocolate? And I say this after many years of not having a special someone to be with on February 14th.

This year (and last, for that matter) I get to have an excuse to be especially lovey dovey. I have my very own, super sweetheart whom I made truffles for and I am here to tell you that you should give it a try too. It's not terribly hard, although it is a bit messy, and the satisfaction of presenting someone with a box of candy that you made yourself is undeniable. For ideas and recipes, check out this recent Sugar High Friday. You will definitely be inspired.


Happy Valentine's Day to RFC and also to my girlfriends who have always been my valentines during those boyless Februarys.

NYC Tart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tartine2. Make your own badge here.