A Couple of Tarts

We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink, for dining alone is leading the life of a lion or wolf. ~ Epicurus

Sunday, July 15, 2007

At the Ferry Building


If I play my cards right, one of the days I visit San Francisco is always a Saturday. That way I get to pay a vist to the Ferry Building Farmer's Market. Yes, it is a pricey and can get crowded, but I LOVE it. It makes me so happy to be there and RFC noted that I was in heaven the whole time we were walking around. We really splurged this time and picked up lots of treats to make dinner. Heirloom tomatoes, jade beans, Bedega goat cheese, a baguette from Acme Bread, organic strawberries, June Taylor jam, shitake mushrooms from Far West Fungi...jealous yet? And even though it started out a typical SF summer day, foggy and chilly, that changed by the time we were finishing up and the sun was out and the sky as blue as can be.

We had breakfast at the market with my brother, RFC and I splitting up to maximize the number of foods we could taste. I headed for Hayes Street Grill to get a plate of wild mushroom scrambled eggs while RFC scored by getting one of the last batches of griddle cakes and sausage from Prather Ranch. My brother also got scrambled eggs, but from Rose Pistola. Blue Bottle Coffee accompanied all meals. It was pretty potent, being the single cup drip variety. I think we were all wired.

It was hard to leave, but I am looking forward to the meal in which we will be using many of these amazing ingredients.

NYC Tart (from SF)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tartine2. Make your own badge here.