A Couple of Tarts

We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink, for dining alone is leading the life of a lion or wolf. ~ Epicurus

Monday, May 29, 2006

Calamari Canalside

The start to my own summer may not have been as classy as Dora's, but I've decided that if I can't be living it up in Paris cafes, the next best thing is munching on calamari and french fries, drinking a cold beer and watching the boats go by with my sweetheart, RFC, on a sunny Sunday afternoon. This weekend was all about Long Island and I was introduced to the canals of Freeport. We spent a leisurely few hours by the water and it was a fabulous way to kick off the summer (cuz, man, I think summer has definitely arrived in NYC!). The calamari and fries were suitably greasy and we even scored a frisbee from the Coors Light ladies who were making the rounds. Fortunately, neither one of us actually had to drink the "beer."

Sunday, we even fit in a walk through a Japanese garden tucked away in the western part of the North Shore. And to round out the weekend, I also got a taste of Long Island diner culture, which I have heard so much about. We grabbed a bite at the Carle Place Diner. It has the chrome siding outside and you can get breakfast for dinner! I opted for lunch for dinner. A chicken salad sandwich later, I was probably a little too full, but otherwise very content. Although I stick by the assertion that I would never live there, RFC is doing a good job showing me a fun time when I am in Long Island. But ssshhh, don't let that get around!


K.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tartine2. Make your own badge here.